Arthur B. Edge Intercollegiate Athletics Center
- Financed entirely by gifts and contributions from Georgia Tech alumni and friends
- Dedicated on Oct. 30, 1982
Located next to Bobby Dodd Stadium at Historic Grant Field, the Arthur B. Edge Intercollegiate Athletics Center is the headquarters for the Georgia Tech athletics family. The four-story, $7 million facility, which was opened in February, 1982, is part of the J.C. "Bud" Shaw Sports Complex. The Edge Center contains more than 65,000 square feet of space and houses Tech's entire athletics program, including administrative offices, the Hearn Academic Center, locker rooms, training room, dining hall, and equipment room, plus a number of other facilities. The lobby is decorated with the "Circle of Champions," an elaborate display honoring all of Tech's individual and team national championships, including four national football titles. The "Circle of Champions" leads to the George W. Mathews, Jr., Athletic Heritage Center, a museum that chronicles Tech's rich athletics history. The Heritage Center is part of the Homer Rice Center for Sports Performance which was built as an extention to the Edge Center.
Arthur B. Edge was born on April 19, 1905 in Newnan, Georgia and entered Georgia Tech in the fall of 1922. Graduating in 1926 with a degree in Textile Engineering, he was President of his fraternity and the glee club and also a member of multiple other fraternities and clubs.