Bill Moore Indoor Tennis Center
- The Bill Moore Tennis Center was the site of numerous major events, including NCAA Region Championships, the 1988 ACC Championships and the 2009 Wilson/ITA Southeast Region Championships.
The Bill Moore Tennis Center opened as one of the top collegiate facilities in the nation on October 28, 1988, in honor of Bill Moore, whose efforts were vital in its construction. Located on Fowler Street at the current location of the Ken Byers Tennis Complex, the Bill Moore Tennis Center featured twelve outdoor courts and three indoor courts. The outdoor courts were divided into two tiers, and the top six courts were lighted and had permanent seating for 1,500 along the main grandstand for court number one and more seating along the baseline of the six courts. The indoor facility was two stories with three courts on the lower level, along with locker rooms for the men's and women's teams and visiting teams. The Bill Moore Tennis Center was demolished at the end of the 2011-2012 school year to make way for the new Byers Tennis Complex. Though the original facility was demolished because it did not meet NCAA Division 1 standards, the new pavillion in the Ken Byers Tennis Complex maintained the name "Bill Moore Indoor Tennis Center."
Bill Moore was raised in a small Arkansas town where he spent most of his childhood helping his family make ends meet. His life story depicts true "rags to riches" success story. He came to Georgia Tech in 1934 on a tennis scholarship. While at Tech, he was president of the Bulldog Club, elected to Omicron Delta Kappa, and on the staffs of the Yellow Jacket magazine, the Technique newspaper, and the Blueprint yearbook. After graduation, he worked briefly before joining the Navy during World War II and served two years in the South Pacific as an officer on a destroyer.