Carolyn & James Goldin House
- A quadrant of Fourth Street Apartments
- Houses members of Women, Science, and Technology
The Carolyn & James Goldin House ("The Goldin House") is a quadrant of Fourth Street Apartments which were constructed in 1995 at a cost of $3.4 million. In 2005, the building was dedicated to Carolyn M. and William J. Goldin (IM '54) for their love of Tech and their generosity to the Institute. Captain William J. Goldin served in the Air Force from 1955 - 1960 during the Cold War era. The apartment building has 3 floors with 24 spaces totaling 30,843 sq. ft. Today, the facility is co-ed with housing for members in Women, Science, and Technology. The rooms feature suite-style space with individual rooms and a shared bathroom.
Carolyn and William "Jim" Goldin graduated from Georgia Tech in 1954 with degrees in Industrial Management. Jim Goldin served five years in the Air Force from 1955 - 1960 during the Cold War era. He later joined Atlanta Gas Light Company. The Goldins are continuous donors to the Georgia Tech community as Mr. Goldin has given to Roll Call for 49 consecutive years. The Goldin House, a quadrant of Fourth Street Apartments, is named after them for their continued support of Georgia Tech, and their gift to the construction of the building.