Cherry L. Emerson Building
- Completed: 1959
- Construction Cost: $550,000.00
- Square Feet: 15,579
Built in 1959, the Cherry L. Emerson Building serves as the office for the School of Biology. The 15,579 sq. ft. building houses 35 rooms for biology classes and labs. The building was named in honor of Cherry L. Emerson who served as a dean at Tech and as president of the Georgia Tech Alumni Association.
Emerson graduated from Georgia Tech with two degrees in mechanical engineering (1908) and electrical engineering (1909). Emerson's father was William Henry Emerson, the first dean of Georgia Tech. At Georgia Tech, Cherry L. Emerson was a charter member of Georgia Tech's ANAK Society, Editor-in-Chief of the Blueprint, and a brother of the Alpha Tau Omega fraternity. In 1919, Cherry L. Emerson joined Robert and Company, where he eventually became president when L. W.