Dorothy M. Crosland Tower
- Completed: 1952
- Inaugurated: 1985
Crosland oversaw creation of the Georgia Tech Library building and the architecture library at Georgia Tech in 1952. She also oversaw the construction of the Graduate Addition, a tower one-and-a-half times the size the existing library, completed in 1968. The building's dedication stated: "In a real sense these two buildings are a memorial to Dorothy M. Crosland, Director of Libraries. Through her industry, persistence, perseverance, and foresightedness, both structures were successfully conceived and brought to completion." The Graduate Addition was renamed the Crosland Tower in 1985.
Initially Crosland was appointed as Assistant Librarian in 1925, then she was promoted to Librarian in 1927 and Director of Libraries in 1953, a title she would hold until her retirement in 1971. Crosland was the executive secretary (from 1950 to 1952) and president (from 1952 to 1954) of the Southern Library Association and president of the Georgia Library Association from 1949 to 1951. Crosland was in charge of planning and construction of the current library building and the architecture library at Georgia Tech, both of which were dedicated in 1952.