J.L. Daniel Laboratory
- The building was occupied the same year ground was broken, in 1942
The J.L. Daniel Laboratory was built for research in 1942, with a total construction cost of $333,000. Constructed in 1942, the building is a product of the New Deal, Public Works Administration (PWA) program. The building was designed by Bush-Brown, Gailey, Heffernan & Associates (BushBrown & M.L. Jorgensen) and represents the use of the Collegiate Gothic style on campus.
After the fourth floor was added in 1963, the building covered 22,294 square feet. In 1994, the building was renovated to the state it is currently in. The building houses laboratories for engineering schools.