Kenneth G. Matheson Residence Hall
- Built in 1961
- 4 floors
The Kenneth G. Matheson Residence Hall is located on east campus on Techwood Drive and is one of Georgia Tech's Honors Program residence halls. The building was built in 1961 and was last renovated in 2002. The residence hall is currently co-ed and has traditional two-person rooms with a shared bathroom on each of the four floors.
Kenneth Gordon Matheson was born on July 28, 1864 in Cheraw, South Carolina. He graduated from The Citadel in 1885, and after teaching at several military academies, he went on to earn a Master's degree in English from Stanford University in 1897. Afterwards, he was hired by Georgia Tech as an English professor and quickly became the head of the English Department in 1898. In 1905, the current president, Lyman Hall, died and Matheson was elected president, where he would serve for sixteen years.