Paul M. Heffernan House
- Constructed in 1972
- Heffernan lived in the house for many years while teaching in the College of Architecture
Constructed in 1927, the Heffernan House is associated with the early residential development adjacent to the Georgia Tech campus. It is also significant for its association with Paul Heffernan, who lived in the house for many years while on the faculty of the College of Architecture. The house was constructed as a Craftsman Bungalow/Ranch, but was transformed into an International Style residence by Heffernan. Though acquired by the Institute in 1995, the house is significant for its association with Heffernan.
During his thirty-eight-year career at Georgia Tech, the late Paul M. Heffernan literally left his mark on the campus. Professor and head of the former School of Architecture, Heffernan was chief designer for the Bradley Building (now occupied by Highland Bakery), the College of Architecture building, the Price Gilbert Library and Information Center, the Hinman and Hightower Buildings, and Smith, Glenn, and Towers Residence Halls, among others.