W.C. & Sarah Bradley Building

  • Cost $220,000
  • Constructed & Occupied in 1951
  • Home of the Junior's Grill up until it was closed.
This building was constructed in 1951 at the cost of $220,000. It was dedicated to William Clark Bradley and his wife Sarah Bradley for their generous donations to education. Besides giving from their own wealth, they were also affiliated with another Georgia Tech donation generator, the Coca-Cola Company. This building housed Junior's Grill up until it was closed; it recently opened as a Highland's Bakery.
▼ read more ▼ ▲ read less ▲

W.C. Bradley

William Clark Bradley was born outside of Columbus Georgia and later moved there, ultimately buying a cotton processing company to begin his business career. He was one of a few members who bought Coca-Cola in its early years for $25 million, where he served as the Chariman of the Board between 1919-1939. He later on got into banking when, in 1930, the banks Columbus Savings Bank and the Third National Bank merged to form the Columbus Bank and Trust. He later purchased his brother-in-law's share of Carter and Bradley and renamed it to W.C.