William C. Wardlaw Jr. Center
- Construction began: 1985
- Named: 1988
- The addition of the William C. Wardlaw Center decreased the Bobby Dodd Stadium seating capacity by over 12,000 seats
At the end of the 1985 football season, the South end of the Bobby Dodd Stadium was torn down for construction. By 1988, a multi-million facility was finished and named the William C. Wardlaw Jr. Center. It was named after William Wardlaw, a 1928 Georgia Tech alumnus and active member of the GT Athletic Association. This 70,000 square foot establishment houses athletic offices, a weight training room, cafeteria room, and other facilities to accommodate football players and other athletes. Twelve luxury skyboxes overlook Grant Field, as well as several offices for multiple departments in the athletic arena. Television and photography studios, banquet rooms, and a state-of-the-art fitness center are just a few perks about this addition to Grant Field.
Mr. William Wardlaw, Jr. graduated from Georgia Tech in 1928 in Textile Engineering. William stayed in the area after his graduation to become a successful business owner and chairman of the Georgia Tech Foundation’s investment committee.