William G. Perry Residence Hall
- Built in 1962
- 122 rooms
- 4 floors
The William G. Perry Residence Hall, located on Techwood Drive, is one of Georgia Tech's Honors Program residence halls. It is named after William Gilmer Perry, former professor and head of the English Department at Georgia Tech. The building was built in 1961 and was last renovated in 2002. The residence hall has 122 two-person rooms and four floors.
William Gilmer Perry was born on December 5, 1877 in Columbia, South Carolina. In 1901, a year after earning his master's degree from Davidson College in North Carolina, Georgia Tech hired him as an adjunct professor of English at a time when there were only three other English professors at the institute. In 1922, he became head of the English Department at Tech. During his time at Tech, he served as a faculty advisor and sponsor of both the Technique and the Blueprint. After 48 years of teaching, he retired on July 1, 1948. Three years later, he passed away in Atlanta, Georgia.