Gilbert Hillhouse Boggs received a Bachelor of Science from the University of Georgia in 1896, and a Ph.D. from the University of Pennsylvania in 1901. Boggs began his teaching at Georgia Tech in 1903, and served on numerous student committees as a faculty representative. Boggs also was the head of Georgia Tech's chemistry department from 1925-1935, as well as the dean of graduate courses from 1935-1940. During the year of his death, 1941, he was head of both the Chemistry and Chemical Engineering Departments.
- Bachelors from UGA
- Ph.D from University of Pennsylvannia
- Head of Georgia Tech’s Chemistry Department from 1925-1935