John A. Caddell (ARCH 52) is a leader in the construction industry and a dedicated supporter of the Institute. He and his wife, Joyce, have directed their philanthropy to the John A. and Joyce K. Caddell & Caddell Construction Company Endowed Scholarship in the College of Architecture’s School of Building Construction; the Class of 1952’s South Wing in the Student Success Center; and the Alexander-Tharpe Fund, including the Stadium Expansion Project in 2002. Mr. Caddell has given to Roll Call for over 60 years, including unrestricted support through the John A. Caddell Endowment Council Fund.
He served in the United States Air Force from 1952 to 1954. Later, he earned graduate degrees in management from the University of Virginia and Harvard University. He worked for Blount Construction Company (“Blount”) for more than 30 years, ultimately being named chairman and CEO. In 1983, John A. Caddell left Blount to start his own construction company, Caddell Contruction Co.
- Served on the Georgia Tech National Advisory Board,
- Received the 1998 School of Building Construction’s Distinguished Alumni Career Achievement Award,
- Donated $2,500,00 to renovate the Architecture Annex Building,
- Alabama Construction Hall of Fame.