During his thirty-eight-year career at Georgia Tech, the late Paul M. Heffernan literally left his mark on the campus. Professor and head of the former School of Architecture, Heffernan was chief designer for the Bradley Building (now occupied by Highland Bakery), the College of Architecture building, the Price Gilbert Library and Information Center, the Hinman and Hightower Buildings, and Smith, Glenn, and Towers Residence Halls, among others.
Heffernan also believed in the value of studying abroad for architecture students, having spent considerable time in Paris studying and teaching French architecture. Just prior to retiring, he taught at the Grand Palais in Paris as part of Tech’s Study Abroad Program in 1976-77.
- Completed master’s degree in architecture at Harvard University in 1935
- Place first in the 28th Paris Prize of the Society of Beaux-Arts Architectures of New York
- Became Premiere Classe at the Ecole National Superieure des Beaux-Arts, Paris, France, 1935 - 38