Steven A. Denning is the Chairman of General Atlantic LLC. He joined the firm in 1980 and built the organization into one of the leading global equity firms. Mr. Denning joined General Atlantic after working with McKinsey & Company. He received an MBA from Stanford Business School in 1978, and served six years in the U.S Navy, where he also obtained an MS degree from the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, California. He received a BS from the Georgia Institute of Technology in 1970. He is actively involved in a number of private and public information technology companies in the United States, Europe, and Asia, including Eclipsys Corporation, Hewitt Associates, IHS Inc., and Genpact. He is also a director of The Thomson Reuters Corporation.
- The Board of Trustees of Stanford University
- The Brookings Institute
- Vice Chairman of the Board of the American Museum of Natural History
- Formerly a member of the Board of Trustees for the Georgia Tech Foundation and the Cancer Research Institute
- Advisory Board of the School of Economics and Management at Tsinghua University
- Board of Governors of the Partnership for Public Service