William Henry Emerson attended the United States Naval Academy before graduating with a Ph.D. in Chemistry from Johns Hopkins University. After obtaining his doctorate, Emerson taught at the Citadel prior to joining the newly formed Georgia Tech faculty. He was one of seven originally faculty members, and Tech's first Chemistry professor. Emerson remained at Georgia Tech for the rest of his life, becoming the first dean in 1910 and head of the Chemistry department. Emerson also helped form the ANAK society during his tenure.
William Henry Emerson
1860 to 1924